William (Bill) V. Mullin SAMS/ AMS # 719
Bill Mullin has been a member of the SAMS, Accredited Marine Surveyor since 1998 and accredited since 2001. He also holds a Masters 100 ton license (AKA Captains License) with the United States Coast Guard. He is a graduate of Chapman’s School of Seamanship in Yachts and Small Craft. He has worked on four Catastrophic Teams (CAT Teams) for hurricanes in Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey.
Bill has traveled extensively to places like Phuket, Thailand to survey a 65′ Sea Ray and Ensenada, Mexico for a 37 Rybovich Sport Fisherman. San Diego and Los Angles have also been destinations as well as all over Florida and the Keys.
Bill holds a BBA from the University of Miami. His years in the US Army and running a business in the trucking industry have added to his vast experience. He is a member of the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors (AMS), 10 Year plus member of the Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County (MIAPBC), Mariners Club, Mid-Atlantic, Boat US Technical Exchange for Marine Professionals, USCG Master 100 ton, Antique and Classic Boat Society over 35 years, Antique Boat Museum Member Clayton, New York where he judged for 6 years in this most prestigious boat antique show in the country.
Bill is married and has two daughters and four wonderful grand children (Age 18 to 5).
In 2016, Scott Allen joined the company. Bill and Scott met 16 years ago when Bill was surveying Scott’s own vessels – one he was selling and one he was buying. Scott and Bill became friends which led to their joining forces today.
Captain Scott Allen has over 30 years of experience in many areas of the Marine Industry. He is constantly participating in ongoing Classroom Education to stay abreast and further knowledge himself on new systems, products, construction methods and materials in order to serve Clients and help them understand condition of boat they are interested in and if its suitable for their needs.
Scott is a life long boater, owning assorted boats from 16′ to 40′.
- Licensed USCG captain with Delivery Experience on boats up to 50″ by water or on land.
- Member of DRYL Delaware River Yachtman’s League. Former delegate and participant in many functions up and down Delaware River and Chesapeake Bay
- Member Boat U.S. since 1992
- Member of the Mariners Club, Mid-Atlantic
- Member of American Professional Captains Associate Drug Testing (APCA)
- TSA TWIC Registered Credentials
- Graduate Chapman School of Seamanship Yacht & Small Craft Course
- Graduate Chapman School of Seamanship Damage and Claims Course
- Graduate Sea School OUPV Captains Course
- ABYC Standards Certified Technician Certificate in Marine Electrical, Corrosion, Sanitation and Engine Systems.